Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I'm a Big Girl, Now!"

I remember, when I was a little girl, that I'd crawl up on the counter tops and stand as high as I could. I wanted to know what a big person's view of the world looked like. At the time, it was pretty scary. I'm glad we, as humans, grow a little bit at a time. Can you imagine the torture of one huge growing pain, the disgustingness of the stretch marks, and the awkwardness of growing tall-- all at once?

Another memory just popped into my head! When I was still a little girl (probably around the same time that I crawled up on the counter) I had a dream that my family was going out to eat at a Burger King when, all of the sudden, I started to grow! It was the weirdest thing (kind of like when Alice (in Alice in Wonderland) eats the pastry and grows really huge). I remember saying "Hold on guys, I'm growing. Wait for me!" like it was a normal, everyday, little kid thing to do. I'm glad we don't all shoot up in a matter of minutes. It would be fast, yes, but I like doing some things bit by bit. I'm not sure I could have handled one huge zip to 5'7". The elevation change would have killed me and I'm afraid of heights enough, as it is.... hehe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dream about growing is awesome.
"Daddy, I need a bigger Burger!..."