Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Up to Date...ish

An excerpt from a recent email to friend is below to fill you in on the recent happenings of my life (Reader's Digest Version.... haha).

I've loved almost every moment of Christmas Break. I'm sad to see it coming to an end. I know, I know... I should be glad for the lengthy amount of time that I had off (especially when [blogging to people] who [have probably had] less time than me) and I am, but it is just that school is not the most pleasant of thoughts after such a glorious vacation! Do you now what I mean?

I read, spent time with buddies and family, slept, and filled the Brookometer back to full. Oh, and guess what?!?!?! Patrick and Christine are going to have a baby!!! I'm going to have another niece or nephew by August. [My family] is getting bigger everyday!

During the past few weeks, I've done a lot of buying and selling books on half.com. * $$$* It has been as fun as selling and buying books can be. I've been needing to get rid of my old textbooks. They were beginning to take over my closet and book shelves. It feels good to have a few of them out of my hands and to have space for the new-comers that are assigned with this semester's slew of classes. I'm signed up for 12 credits (the bare minimum that I need in order to have financial aid). I'm hoping that cutting down my load will help me do better in my classes. I've had some not lovely past semesters and want this one to be all about the good grades.

I'm still teaching piano/violin lessons and love it!!!!! I'm trying to plan a recital for February, but we'll see if I can organize one with all of the varying schedules that I have to deal with. Haha. It should be fun! I'm also still working for E.N.C.O.R.E by playing for musicals. I've accompanied "Sleeping Beauty" and "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" and am lined up for "Seussical the Musical" in the spring. I can't wait! I love being able to use music in my life and jobs. Good times, let me tell you!

No comments: