Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Falalalala

I'm beginning to miss Christmas music and it's only April! Today, I caught myself singing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas." Could this be a some sort of a Freudian slip? Maybe it's not the Christmas music, per se, that I'm missing. Perhaps, I'm simply craving cheery seasonal music, in general. As of this moment, I am of the opinion that there is a need of popular music for every season. I'm sure, if a person was to dig through archives of music, that he or she would eventually come across songs about spring, summer, and fall. I find myself wishing, though, that these songs were as famous and/or as well liked as the classic Christmas carols. I mean, during the winter holidays, certain radio stations are devoted solely to songs about Christ or good old Saint Nick. No one does this for other holidays or seasons. It's not like we get to hear songs about Peter Cotton Tail, or Saint Patrick when Spring comes around the corner (not that they are as important as the Savior by any means). There are always primary songs like "In the Leafy Tree Tops" and "Oh what Do You Do Summer Time " to hum as I walk about, but I think I am going to do some research and learn some new/old songs. Then, even though the radios aren't busting with seasonal music, I'll be as fit as a fiddle (when it comes to spring, summer, and fall-like melodies).

If you have any good seasonal songs up your sleeve, let me know. "Sharing is caring, it can be fun!"

No comments: