Friday, February 15, 2008

Love...A Very Short Summation of the Good the Bad

The Good

Romance is nice, but only if both parties are "in like" or "in love" with each other. There is nothing as exciting as having someone you are attracted to be attracted to you. It is definitely a self-esteem booster. This may be an amazing experience, but...


The Bad

I've experienced many a heartbreak because I chose to fall for guys who didn't feel the same way about me. I don't care who says it or how it is said, but the "let's just be friends"/"I like you, but not like that" speech always hurts. Dating, I've decided, trains young people to expect rejection. What else is a person supposed to expect after putting his or her heart out there over and over, just to get it ripped to shreds every time.

No comments: