Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Brain Spasms

Today is Tuesday. For me, this means a slam packed day full of studying and classes. I am on campus from the early a.m. to the late p.m., carrying around a backpack, a shoulder bag and a violin. I look like the ultimate nerd, trudging along. Plus, (if you are familiar with the stereotypical nerd) because of my scratched eye-ball, I have to wear glasses which give me an extra zing of nerdiness. It is beautiful. :).

The day hasn't been too terrible, which is unusual. I am sure that my attitude has a part (if not the whole shebang) to play in my "terrible Tuesdays." I wake up, remember what day it is and automatically I hate the world and have a mindset that things aren't going to go well. This is not the right way to go about life. I admit it! I could probably use a serious attitude adjustment/kick in the pants. Any one have a good steel-toed boot?

My Physical Anthropology class was out of the norm, this morning. Instead of the usually boring note-taking session, we had a lab! My professor brought in skulls of all sorts of primates. It was exciting to be able to apply the information that we have been learning (dental formulas, sagital crests, post orbital bars/plates, etc.) to real bones!! I think I'll dream I'm a paleontologist, tonight... as if I can choose. Can a person choose what he or she dreams about? Do any of you have such an ability? If so, share you secret por favor. I want to know how!

Violin Lessons were canceled. It is always nice to bring one's fatty instrument case to school, for no reason... Well actually, for canceled reasons. NOT. *Sigh* On the bright side, though, it does strengthen my arm muscles. I killed (In all actuality, it died on its own. I am no murderer!) the shoulder strap and now have to carry it about like an elongated briefcase. Because of such circumstances, I should have Pop-Eye shaped biceps by the end of the year. I am looking forward to and planning on conquering some hardcore arm wrestling matches.

My BIO lab wasn't quite enjoyable. Last week we had the privilege of dissecting cow eyeballs. Today, though, all we did was count beetle populations and discuss a (soon to be due) science paper. In comparison to previous labs, this one just didn't measure up on my list of favorites. I must say, though, I have perfected the skill of beetle counting. It's all in the wrist, baby!

I have a Trig Test in a couple of hours. Wish me luck! I should be fine, hopefully, because I actually studied (amazing, I know.. jk). Plus, my professor has pretty straight forward exams. I aced the last one. Can you believe it? Miss Brooke doing well in math? Such things are unheard of! It was pretty much miraculous, I'm not going to lie. Hopefully, the math gods are still pleased with me.... Not that I am polytheistic or any such nonsense, ha. As for my grade, I suppose only time will tell. "Tick-tock."

I'm gonna go eat some grub, now. I'd better get my blood sugar up so that my mind can function. You know how it is...

Ciao!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, my, my child you are so very wise, and amazingly articulate. I can't see my sixteen year old cousin behind those words, though I could imagine it if I try hard enough...ha. I think I shall remain an avid reader of this artists scribe. Possibly leaving jealous comments on the wonders inside your head. Just remember it is all out of love.
Aub

Anonymous said...

ok so idiot aubrey can't get the right words out. Scribe is not the word I wanted. Replace that with Memoir...

Brooke Lott Huntsman said...

I love you, Aubrey! I am excited to have another reader of my crazy writings. I am amazed at what i type sometimes, myself. If only I could open my mouth and have intelligent words come pouring out. One of these days I shall train my tongue...hopefully sooner rather than later. :)

Oddyssus said...

I love Tuesdays. For on that day Brooke Lott is being her bravest.

No, I cannot control my dreams but have dreams in my sleep that latter I live through.

Little one I would send you 10 dollars so you could rent a locker if it did not go against your principles. I lived out of a locker in the library and slept in the back of my truck for two semesters. I received the best grades I have ever achieved in School during that time. I thought 15 dollars a for nine months rent was a pretty good deal.

Considering my arm probably weighs more than one of your legs any time you want to test you spinach power let me know.

I helped my dad butcher a big steer ounce. I can under stand how actives of that type don’t get very far up the things I like doing list. The counting of beetles sounds to be more like arm wrestling training.

Yea, for doing good in math. The only thing that allowed me to pass my college algebra course was the fact that the final exams were multiple choice. I cheated myself and never did any of the home work. It took me over two hours to take a test but I aced the class by plugging in each answer until I found one that worked. I even got a perfect 100% ounce.

Hurrah for Tuesdays.