Monday, March 26, 2007

A Week of Big Plans

~OYEZ, OYEZ, OYEZ~
Spring Break has finally arrived.
Yippee! Hooray! Hallelujah!
...........................................................................................................
I am one who is constantly making lists. I have lists of words that need to be looked up, lists of "to do's" and goals that need to be accomplished, lists of adventures that need to be written in my journal (when I get behind), lists of positive affirmations that need to be said regularly (positive thinking is awesome!), lists of subjects that I want to learn about, lists of books I want to read, lists of lists I want to/already do make, and so on. It sounds ridiculous and can get completely out of control, but so is my list making fetish.
......................................
This can, of course, be a bad thing. Though and thus far, my obsessive habits have tended to come in handy. Because of said lists, I am one who gets things done (or, at least, attempts them). Writing things down on paper provides me with a constant reminder of everything that would otherwise be jumbled about and eventually lost in the abyss of my brain. Also, I shan't be an old lady whose lost her marbles because I will have made a list of every one and its specific location. :) List making could almost be considered a self-made insurance policy, per se. Please take note that the word "almost" is used in the previous sentence. Thank you.
.........................................
Occasions like New Years, the start of a new school year, the start of a new job, the beginning of summer (new beginnings, in general), and breaks (i.g. SPRING BREAK!!!!) are ideal times for list making. All a person has to do is whip out a good writing utensil and a desired paper product. After that, one can chicken scratch to one's heart's content. Its' a simple 1-2-3 step process. Remember the 3 P's:
  1. Pencil/Pen (depending on preference)
  2. Paper
  3. Plan (I was going to say prospectus, but I'm a fan of informal lists)
Let's repeat that... Pencil/Pen, Paper, Plan. Get it? Got it? Good.
.........................................
This week's agenda is full/overflowing with big plans, as is indicated by the title of this blog. Motivation fuels my mindset! I want to allow myself plenty of relaxation time, as well as cross off "to-do" items. I have a couple of midterms to study for, a science paper to rough draft, scholarships to apply for, people (missionaries, friends, relatives) to write, instruments to practice, musical pieces to perfect, journal(s) to catch up on, friends to hang out with, dates to go on, shelves to dust, carpets to vacuum, a house to scrape (in preparation for a new paint job), muscles to exercise, food to eat, air to breath....
............................................
I have big plans, my friends, big plans!

1 comment:

Oddyssus said...

Holy cow after reading that I just want to take a nap.

Though I think I would be more productive if I also had “list fetish.”

Have at it girl.