Tuesday, March 27, 2007

ch-ch-ch-changes

It is intriguing, to me, how people are constantly changing. It never stops! The human mind is constantly thinking, even while we sleep. It takes in information from our surroundings, processes it, and incorporates it into our identities. I look at my own self, for example, and in just one day my opinion about something or another changes. I wrote an email about my future life, awhile back. It was out of fun (of course) but as I was reading through it I realized that, in just a few weeks, some of my dreams and goals have and will probably continue to change. With the meeting of new people and the undergoing of new experiences, a person's perspective is bound to reconstruct. I simply hope that I can keep up with myself!

Below is the email I mentioned:

"Your Name,

To spice up our emails -->

What do you want to do with your life? If you could plan out exactly how your life would be, what would you want to happen, and how would you like to be? I look forward to my life and love to just ponder about what the future holds. It is kind of like reading a mystery book about myself. When I go from day to day and experience new things, it is like turning the pages and little by little figuring things out. I often times catch myself thinking, "So this is what its like" as I hit new stages. I love it (mostly)!

Anyway...

YOUNG ADULT- hood
I want to finish up my major. I am planning on transferring with an associates to BYU (I guess I'll see what the only true school is all about, ya know? haha). If my life turns out how I think it will, I will then meet Mr. Amazing who will be just returned from his mission. We shall date the year before I graduate and get married the summer after. A honeymoon in the tropics would be nice but I don't have any preferences. If my hubbie is still in school I will support him by working as an editor. I'd like to go on to grad school, somehow and at some point in time, too.

MOMMY- hood

Then of course comes my little children. I want a lot of energetic little boys, and at least one little darling girl. Of course, being an only girl, I always wanted a sister so perhaps two little girls would be a better arrangement. Kid names I am not sure about, yet. I kind of think it would be better to wait and see what suits the kid when he or she comes. I don't want to pre-name a girl Beth if she looks more like a Kahli. That would never be ideal. haha.

I want a big house with a wrap around porch, and gables. I always liked the big double doors with cut glass windows that open into a big living room with a grand piano. Then there is always the white picket fence and a rose garden (it would be a place where my little girls and I could dress up in old 1900's English style clothes with big hats and gloves. Horray for pretend tea parties!).

I'm also one for gardens full of vegetables. My dad always plants rows of flowers and sunflowers between the food. MMM home grown food!!!! I have many a good memory of peeling potatoes, and shelling peas with my big brothers.

I want to write my own book or books and have them published. I love to write and have always wanted to be an author. Music would be a big part of my life, too. Perhaps I'll teach it, while my kids are at school or something. I'd like to get some of my compositions published, as well.

I think a calling in the church, that I would like, would be playing for the primary. I love the primary songs and the spirit that comes when little kids sing about the Savior. Plus, I hear that when a ward knows that you play you get sucked into playing for everything. If this is to be the case, then my preference is the above. As for a hometown, I think it would be fun to live somewhere other than Idaho, though I do like Boise very much. A fresh start, complete with new people, would be lovely.


GRANDMA-hood

One day, I'm bound to get old. When that day comes, I plan on having old lady parties with my friends who live near by. Perhaps, a book club or something of the like will give us the opportunity to chit and chat about our old lady lives while nibbling on old lady food. Haha, I can see myself now. I'll be a plump little grandma, with a disgustingly awesome perm, a bright green sweater covered in sparkly flamingos, and a matching pair of spandex pants to tie it all together. Eww. I can't wait! :)

REALLY OLD GRANDMA-hood

Then comes life in a retirement center. I'll just have bring my old lady parties with me and add a few thrilling games of bingo. Grandma B. will probably go insane and die there as a widow, since women generally live longer than men. It is a kind of depressing ending, actually. Then again perhaps Christ will come by then and I'll be twinkled. That would be pretty cool, I'm not gonna lie.

Yup! That pretty much sums up the imaginary life that I plan on living, if things work out. They most likely will change, but hey. It should be interesting.

Catch ya later,
Brookie"

I'll supply information about my changing ideas continually, throughout these blogs. If you have any Q's, feel free to let me know. Comments and emails are always welcome!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that changing is something that never ends. I feel the same about it as you do, one day life is this, and the next life is all something totally different, or at least there is something different added to the previous. But wow you have a great dream, I have to admit that I have never been able to clearly see what i want that well, because of the fact that things change in my head so often. But I will say that is close enough to what I dream for.

Oddyssus said...

Wow, I was checking your blog every day with disappointment at finding no new entries. So I had stopped checking. Last night I check and find this huge wall of thought I had missed. It was like walking to the edge of a wash after a flash flood caused by the rain in the distant desert mountains. I see the evident passage of water with the disappointment of missing all the real action. But alas I can still comment. I will pretend that I have received these as they came floating down a stream of thought pleasantly cheering the deep woods they pass through.

Oddyssus said...

To me:

Change is coming to a clearer understanding of what truly exists within. Everyone sees the mountain. Some see range land for the feeding of stock, some marble outcroppings, some see granite quarries... Those who understand see what really is: a family provided for, a statue of David, a temple.

My father built up the kingdom of God by his use of mountain grass. Through a process I have changed to see my testimony, my education, work ethic, food that I eat and cloths I wear were in the grass. Do you fallow me. The energy contained in the grass has become all of this to me. For it was the means my father used to provide for his family. This energy was always in the grass.

David was always in the marble. The temple was always in the granite.

Change is a divine pattern which if fallowed leads us to the true nature of people and things. Truth is a mountain at first. Then it is grass, granite blocs, a slab of marble. For those who have changed enough to gain understanding they see a family, David, a temple.

I really do not believe people change when they make good choices. I believe that is when they are themselves. I believe that is when they can see clearly who they themselves are, therefore in those minutes their understanding of the world is becoming more true.


Things always stay the same plastic is always in oil. To me other people don’t change my understanding of them does thus they appear to change in my mind. We are individual sons and daughters of God our identities are eternal. This blip of a life will affect our eternal destination but it will not change who we are.

I see that I might have been miss understood.

I love seemingly incoherent thoughts. By all means if this means anything to you let me know?

Anonymous said...

Yes, my dear ...
CHANGE... Did You know when I graduated from High School I cried all day long? You would have thought I would have been joyful and exubrant about what was ahead. Instead I was afraid and apprehensive of what my future held, so I cried. It seems silly now. But very real and foreboding at the time.
I admire how you boldly move into your future. With mighty goals in hand you look ever forward. I love that you know what you want your future to look like (at least for now). We both know some of these goals and directions you now head will change and be modified as the days move forward. I say, "Horray". Isn't it great that we can modify our lives and ourselves as needs circumvent. I just love it!!!! I love you, too. I enjoy watching you grow up. You are an incredible person. I feel your future will be full of fun gloriously bright surprises.

Be sure to enjoy the journey as well as savor where you are now. Life can be wonderful adventure.

Brooke Lott Huntsman said...

Thanks for you views Arnis! :)
-------------------------------
I love you too, Mumsy!
I love getting to know you, every day. You are my best friend and I am constantly amazed/amused at how much alike we are. xxoo