Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Penny For Your Thoughts

I lounge on a bench and admire the passerby
So many faces, styles, and stories untold
My mind wanders through images and, with such, I sigh

and ponder a question of the young and the old.

"If we could know the thoughts of men
How would life be different, then?
For misunderstandings would never occur
And ladies with gents could finally conquer!

Would such knowledge be of want?
Yes, fear of the unknown no longer would haunt,
But what of the thrill of a lovely surprise
Could this joy no longer arise?"

Should, could, would, may, might, can...

1 comment:

Oddyssus said...

I find it interesting that this was posted on the fourteenth, yet I could not find it until the twenty eighth. Where my comments disagreeable or if I had posted under my real life name “Arnie” would I have been able to read this in a more timely manner?

Anyway, we were born to create, to influence. I wonder not at what the thoughts of men and women are for I see the vague and sometimes distinct records of thought carved in there countenance. As we become like the master of human thought we trade the joy of surprise for the power to see, touch, heal the pains of others. United common thought is the goal of every disciple of Christ is it not? This is just a thought: Can you see the united faith of 144k men and 144k women the chosen and anointed of Israel united in prayer greeting the savior to Zion. One heart, one mind, one faith, one as He is one with the Father.

I can no longer watch the passage of a multitude for I begin to really look at them. To see there holiness or misery. I feel their needs, wants, what they feel. When I am brave I rage among them doing what I can to help. When I am a cowered I hide in myself living in the word of a video game.